From:
Mary and Modern Ferret magazine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 15:15:03 -0500
For the folks looking for shelters/clubs in the LI/NYC area ...

You can contact Tami at the TNT Shelter in Bellmore, NY (e-mail
[log in to unmask] for the phone number).  I know she has several pairs to
adopt out.  There are several others who rescue/shelter ferrets here on LI,
too.  Gale Putt is out in Setauket (& she's on the FML!).  Linda Markert is
in Lake Grove and takes in any ferrets that come her way (e-mail me for her
phone number too).  There are others listed on the STAR list, but I've never
contacted them personally.

As for groups in the LI/NYC area -- there's Big Apple Ferrets as well as New
York Ferrets Rights Advocacy (NYFRA).  Again, you can e-mail me for info

Hope that helps!

Mary & the Furry Foursome