From:
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 1997 19:05:47 -0400
Hi everyone!

I am sad to report that we have just picked up another adrenal ferret from
the Portsmouth Humane Society.  She is between 4 and 6 years of age, MF,
female, chocolate.  For those of you who know, she is the spitting image of
my last very bad adrenal ferret, Hope.  We called her Hope because we
"hoped" she would make it home from the Norfolk SPCA.  We were honored with
that lovely lady's presence for almost a year (Hope passed to Rainbow bridge
last September) Same pattern of baldness (hair on face, small stripe around
top of ribs, hair on feet and legs), same neglect (owner wouldn't even turn
her in in person - gave to a neighbor!) and toenails badly overdue for a
trimming and dirty!!  I pick her up, and I hear her softly start dooking,
and begin licking my hand!!!!  She is absolutely adorable!!  We have
decided, in keeping with the chocolate adrenals girls, to call her "Faith".

She is also so skinny, I swear you can see thru her - she weighs in at
almost 3/4 pound but so sweet!!  I am going to try to fatten her up before
attempting any surgery and evaluate her then for her candidacy for
lysodren/surgery/flutamine.  Keep your fingers crossed for sweet little
Faith!

Lisa