From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2011 03:43:08 +0300
They are happy with the current change -- consisting so far of the
addition of abt 15% organ meats -- chicken hearts and livers. The small
brown girl, Cleo, is really into it. She's the one who ate two hearts
the first time I offered any (that once, they were whole and raw).

After the ferrets have had a week or so to adjust to the hearts and
livers, I'll add egg.

Jonas, the oldish black-eyed white, who was so skinny and weak, is
doing very well. He dances again, looking right into my eyes, and he
plays with me too, e.g., chasing and fleeing from my hand -- or the
whole of me as I somewhat awkwardly and carefully do the war dance
with him -- and, again, he's looking straight into my eyes during
these games. I looks like he is laughing w mischief and pleasure.

Another thing he does is grasp my finger gently but firmly in his damp
little mouth and tugs and/or twists with those pointy teeth. Sometimes
he just keeps grabbing my fingers while he dances around grinning at
me. Sometimes he dooks too.

He's pretty much furred up back to normal, though his tail has only a
little tuft at the end. The others have all put on weight too, and Cleo
is actually getting a little fat. So presumably the problem was some
sort of parasite, and they need regular deworming. Their vet (also the
Born Free vet -- she's doing everything from ferrets to lions to owls
to tortoises to baboons) suggests every three months. What do you
think?

ALSO:

Since no one has said
"OH, DON'T!",

I'm assuming that:
IT WD DO NO HARM TO ADD CAT VITAMINS

On the other hand, none has answered the question at all, which is why
I am trying to catch your attention.

Are such vitamins actually needed, given the new diet? To recap,
here's the diet --

75% Meat: 2/3 = chicken w skin and neck and organs and 1/3 = beef w
added beef fat, 15% Organs: chicken hearts and livers, 5% high-quality
bone meal, 5% eggs (cooked). It's all ground up and then cooked, and
then sometimes a little olive oil and/or Ferretone added. Have I
missed anything crucial?

Do they need cat vitamins added as well? If so, they shd not be cooked,
right?