Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:17:57 EDT
Every once in a while, I feel out of ideas as far as how to entertain my
band of monkeys.  But I have noticed that when Chewy has to have his daily
visit to his carrier so he can be nebulized, that I gather a crowd.  If I
place a small carrier out, and put a large garbage bag around it, plug in
the nebulizer, add water, and stick mouthpiece in Chewys face as he sits in
the carrier----ALL the poopers tear around the plastic bag, and slip in
between the bag and carrier.  Some insist on getting in carrier.  All want
to be nebulized, and suck in the air with fine water particles.

If I just put out the carrier and garbage bag around it- they still have
fun.  The garbage bag is shredded by the time they are through.

Tonight, I put a wet collander on the floor, and all the guys checked it
out.  Then I flipped it on top of Little.  He looked like a turtle with
furry legs and tail.  He enjoyed being under it, getting a little wet, and
working his way out.  I applauded and yahood: and the others wanted to get
under.[Little is deaf, so he wasn't inspired by my cheering.] This went on
for about 20 minutes.

They didn't leap and dance and chortle.  But they were definitely
interested.  A great shelter party idea would be timing how long it takes
the weasels to get out, or who will come out first.  None of mine felt any
urgency in coming out.But they looked adorable.

The double paper bag to throw them in, crinkle up, and release always goes
a long way with the troops.  Or shredding up toilet paper[Toilet paper
rolls can be deadly if head gets stuck!!!] Or opening up the closet i just
organized everything on so Chewy can throw it all off the shelves.  That
apparently has some amusement value.

Any little things like this you do?  I could use some ideas.  My guys are
really spoiled.  I can't stop now.  It is glum and rainy everyday here.
Need some excitement.

Lisette