Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 09:56:39 -0400
Hi Folks,

Time to come back down from my perch to make some comments and to pose a
question.....:)

My four fuzzbutts are doing well, even Loki seems to be bouncing back a bit
from his Lympho and is playful and active...:)

I must say that I am a little bummed that even after 5+ months Cricket still
does not get along very well with Zoe and Percival.  Their fights are really
noisy since Cricket cries and screeches whether she's winning or losing.  So
a lot of out time is still in shifts to let everyone be happy, though to get
integration moving the shifts definitely overlap a bit.  Loki is a little
bit too weak these days to go through the dominance fighting so he hasn't
had much contact with Zoe or Percival, which is ashame because I think once
the dominance stuff got settled he'd be really happy to have new friends to
play with.....

On to my question and then I'll sign off.....

Has anyone else seen a distinct difference in the temperaments between the
sexes??  I have found that my males (Loki and Percival) never, ever bite
anyone (except when they are really wound up and playing very hard).  On the
other hand my two females (Cricket and Zoe) regularly try ot nip my friends
when they aren't looking.  If Zoe and Cricket are picked up and basically
"kept in control" (ie.  They know who is dominant, and the person that is
handling them doesn't show that they are nervous of them) they will not try
and nip at all.  Yet, anyone who shows that they are nervous or let's the
females take control of the situation is likely to get nipped.

I just found it interesting, because I have not done anything differently
wihen it came to raising the females as opposed to the males.  They all get
the same amount of attention and affection.  I was just curious if anyone
else had seen this in their fuzzy groups too....

Cheers!!
Butch
Loki, Cricket, Zoe, Percival and the Rat Pack (Belle, Illyana, and
Tatiana)