From:
Susie Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 20:22:16 -0400
this is so very hard for me to write this so please bear with me

At 8 45 this morning Dr Wright and I helped Bandit getting to go to the
rainbow bridge, there he meets all his cousins that we ferret mom and
dads have lost our love ones to and will be there waiting for us when we
get to join them at the rainbow bridge.

Bandit was such a sweetie, he was very brave little boy and he stole
everyones heart when we was at the St Louise ferret syp.  he went thru
alot for a 8 month old baby ferret.  he was one sick little boy and he
was suffering and in a great deal of pain the last few days of his life.
he was a rescue back in late Oct of 04 he was sick when i got him, he had
so many health problems for such a little guy.  Yesterday the drs told me
there was nonthing more they were able to do for him except to give him
pain meds and make him comfertable his little kidneys were the size of
golf balls.  he had polycystic kidney disese and had went from a 3 pound
ferret to almost skin and bones he was dieing slowy, I brought him home
with me last night cause he had been at the hospital sence monday but i
got him home and i held him and talked to him and told him all about the
rainbow bridge and all his cousins would be there to greet him and they
would play and do his little dookie dances with his little noises he made
all the time with him, and that i would be there someday to join him.

he slept with me last night i held him most of the night and this morn i
gave him some ice cream he loved so get into when one of my human kids
leave laying around and he ate it and his a/d and took his water then off
to the hospital we went,, my son before i left with Bandit gave me a
paper to read i took it but didnt read it til it was over with and i
baried him out at my parents ranch at the family pet cematary then i
broke down and relly cryed.

this is what the note said ,,
When I go to the rainbow bridge mommy remember our love will continue in
sprit and in our hearts, tell we meet again i will watch you from above
here at the rainbow bridge gate then we can go on to enternaty me doing
my dookie dances and you smiling at me remember mommy im healthy happy
and free now so dont you cry cause im still here with you just in spirt
is all ,,

My son told me later this is what Bandit told him to tell me so he wrote
it after he held him last night for awhile..  I nevr had to put a ferret
to sleep this is the first time i ever had to cause im a no kill shelter
so this has relly took a toll on me as I had to put my first one to sleep
and a baby ferret at that..

Susan

             S&L Ferret Shelter of Northwest Ark