From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:11:25 -0800
I wanted to let everyone know (or refresh their memories) that there is a
"lesser-knwown" (if you will) ferret shelter operating in Las Vegas, the
Angel Ferret Shelter.  I know that some of you have heard of this shelter,
but they rarely come out of hiding for good reason.

This shelter is no different than any other this season, needing the usual
help of monetary and spritual support, but I wanted to let you know what
is really going on.

I have been a friend and helper of the shelter for quite some time now,
and I've seen them grow and help so many wonderful little fuzzies, helping
people in need by giving medical care and advice, taking clients ferrets
in to feed them and bring them to the vet, and giving free boarding when
they don't want to give up their ferrets because of a temporary or minor
setback.

This person has worked very hard to maintain a wonderful shelter full of
happy ferrets.  I think she deserves some recognition.

She has helped 24K Ferret Shelter in many ways, taking in ferrets, having
adrenals taken care of, offering help whenever or whatever is needed.  She
has also been taking in a lot of old and sick ferrets, and is thinking
about possibly shutting down.  She has given the date of the 1st of the
year to make a decision.

Nobody decides to run a ferret shelter because they have so much money
they don't know what to do with it.  And nobody gets rich, $10 comes in
and $100 goes out.  This particular shelter operator has sacrificed SO
VERY MUCH, I know first hand, but I do not want to go into detail,
because that is personal, and I think that would be innappropriate.

I WANT TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR HER
Her name is Donna, and she has a very special ferreta t the shelter, some
of you know him or have met him, his name is COSMO.  He is a silver mitt
that came to her shortly before she became a shelter.  He is an Angel
Ferret original.

Most people who enter the shelter are mysteriously drawn to this ferret.
There is just somthing about him.  He is different than any other ferret
you have ever know.

Cosmo is very sick, and probably won't be around much longer after
Christmas.  He is being treated for Lymphoma, has severe bloating, rapid
breathing, and hates prednisone!  I thought it would be nice if we could
all send Cosmo a "get well Christmas card", it would suprise and delight
Donna, and I know that she will appreciate the outpour of love.  She never
NEVER asks for anything, and she runs the shelter COMPLETELY on her own,
she has a few folks that come over occassionally, but she pretty much has
everything under contro.  I DO NOT KNOW HOW SHE DOES THIS!  She landscaped
her back yard, has her home for sale, takes care of a house, two dogs, an
18month old son, and her house is always clean and her laundry is always
done!  THIS I think is incredible.

Please send Cosmo a Christmas Card with well wishes, maybe include a story
about one of your own particular ferrets, or maybe even $1 so she can buy
Cosmo something nice.  I know that she is trying to plan a service for
him, and wants to do something special for this one-of a kind guy.

Please send your love and well wishes to:
Cosmo Kramer
Angel Ferret Shelter, Inc.
1448 Daybreak Road
Las Vegas, NV 89108

And please do not tell her that this was posed!  I want it to be a
surprise.  Maybe she will think that there IS a God....

Thank you all and have a safe and happy Holiday.
A Ferret Friend