From:
Becca Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 13:16:53 +0000
Hi, this is Becca, no-longer lurker extraordinaire, but a regular here on
the FML!  Why, you ask?  Why such a drastic measure?  Well, because as of
Sunday night, I have relinquished command of my life to my first little 8
week old fuzzygirl!  My baby silver w/white paws.  Silvermitt, right?  I
named her Sequin in honor of my adoration for The Divine.  She's a little
metallic wonder!  When I put her in the cage for the night, she chuckes and
chirps, climbing up the cage to reach my hand.  Then I am awakened in the
morning to the same sounds as she clambers around, rearranging house... or
oughtn't I say lair?  ;) She seems to like Tori Amos music and does the
weasel wardance whenever the strains of a harpsichord penetrate her chuckles
and war cries. =)  Not showing much interest in ferretone, she adores Cream
of Wheat and attacked my watermelon Ring Pop on more than one occasion!  =)
I also have a question to pose to everyone out there... is it normal for a
kit to bite often?  How much is too much?  Is she teething?  She'll crawl
across the waterbed, cuddle into my arms, then turn her head, chomp my arm,
then my wrist, then my finger, then turn back around and go to sleep.  I've
refrained from even tapping her nose so as to avoid any fear of my hand, but
"NO!" doesn't have too much effect.  I've gotten her away from general hand
chewing by giving her a little Nylabone, but she'll still chomp in greeting
when she climbs up my shirt.  I was wondering if perhaps it was possible
that the breeder may have instilled some bad behaviors?  She let the kits
chew on her fingers all the time... however, my little Sequin just bites a
bit too hard.... even though it's obvious she's not trying to hurt me.
Well... in any event, I just wanted to say HI!  and introduce myself as a
regular....hugs to everyone's fuzzies from me and mine!

My Most Sincere ALoha
becca
&
Sequin (I said NO bath, mom.... where's my Cream of Wheat?)