From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2012 18:37:41 -0500
To My Treasured FML Family,

I have one word to say to all of you.......THANK YOU!!!!!!! Your
prayers were heard and they worked!!!! Buddy does NOT HAVE CANCER!!!!!
Or insulinoma, or lymphoma!!!

What he does have is his left kidney is 3 times larger than it should
be and not functioning correctly, but many, many people, including me,
do very well with one functioning kidney. He also has 1 enlarged lymph
node in his belly. All this is what was causing his intestines to be
pushed over to the side. Dr. Pottts said it would do more harm than
good to remove the kidney. He did however have his left adrenal gland
removed as he WAS adrenal and has been for at least a year (controlled
nicely with Melatonin and DES implants.

SO..Miss Pessimist me was WRONG and I have never been so happy to be
wrong. I know I jumped to the bad conclusion right away, but I was just
prepariing my heart, gaurding it against more heart ache. Now, the good
news is even sweeter. My Buddy's going to be ok. He still may be a
ticking timebomb with the enlarged lymph node, but that could be the
case with any ferret and we not know about any future problems. My
Buddy does not have cancer!!!!!! Now, when he recovers, he'll be able
to romp and play with his new cage mate CODY yes Slinky is now CODY, it
means HELPER and that's exactly what he did, He helped bring happiness
into this saddened ferret room! Thanks to all of you once again for all
the name suggestions. I picked Cody it is also an irish name and I am
irish (among other things)

As far as the not eating his kibble problem goes, his vet said it was
ok to let him get hungry overnight. I was feeding him gravy at 10:00pm,
then getting up at 3:00, and finally getting up at 9:00 to feed him
gravy. And then every 4 hrs during the day. DUH!! the kid is spoiled,
he know's he's got a good thing goin' on!!!!! Since he does not have
any insulinomic issues, he should be fine.

Oh the things we go thru, and the things we do for our babies. But how
can we not. They draw out a love like no other, and helping them, and
adoring them is the least we can do for them.

I'm going to go rock my very sleepy Buddy Pyron. I had the vet's staff
hang a crocheted(sp) ferret angel in his cage at the vets to watch over
him and keep him safe. Thank you angel, you did a great job!!

Thanks again everyone. Your e-mails mean SO much to me. When Buddy
feels better, he can write you a note from himself to you, to thank
you himself for all of your love you sent. Our prayers were answered,
my Buddy will be ok.

With MUCH Love

Sue & Crew
Buddy, Ruby, and Cody

I'll soon have Cody's picture up on facebook. I'll do that tomorrow as
i have already spent too much time not holding and rocking my baby.