From:
CROW Jackie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 15:00:38 -0700
Minta wrote:
>I've had Zooey for 2 1/2 yrs, and she's got this interesting habit.  Zooey
>will bite the forearms of people she doesn't know.  She's actually "chewing"
>more than biting."

My ferret Rachel does this too (although sometimes it is biting, and hard,
too!).  She does it to anyone other than myself, and seems to be slightly
worse with men.  Mind you, she doesn't meet a lot of other people (I don't
want to risk her being taken away because she bites someone) so she doesn't
really get much of chance to become familiar with other people.  With me,
however she is a little angel, kisses and cuddles (for short periods) all
the time!  So you are not the only one with a ferret like this.

Minta also said:
>Also, I was just wondering if I'm the only one who...has two girls who are
>brilliant with the litter box, and two boys who just can't get it down.
>Linus is a MF ferret, but Martin isn't.  Neither of them seem to be able to
>figure it out on their own.  They need to be supervised or it's a complete
>disaster...Is this a guy thing, or just random in my case?"

Same again... Rachel is a 100% litter box hitter.  Rafael, on the other
hand, can't seem to grasp the idea of IN the box rather than BESIDE it if
I'm not there to remind him.  If I'm watching him he remembers to go in the
box, but if I'm not in the room, forget it!  But he's my little darling, so
I don't mind :-)

jackie