From:
DJTuvell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:18:54 -0500
Ok, I have heard that ferrets can hiss but I have never seen or heard one
do it before now.  LadyBug makes this funny noise, that I can only imagine
is hissing.  Her mouth is almost all the way closed except for a small
round opening right in the front, and it sounds like sucking air through a
tube or something.  All week when she was quarantined she never did this,
but she did it numerous times while playing with the boys yesterday, and
she did it once when I tried to take away the polaroid photo that she was
holding in her mouth.  I just imagined a ferret hissing would sound like a
cat's hiss, but it is not like that at all.  She does not seem to be
particularly mad when she does it, maybe just mildly annoyed if anything.
I hope it is a hiss and not some weird respiratory problem.  God, I am so
paranoid.  Will someone please tell me if this sounds like it could be a
hiss?  I almost want to call the vet about it.

Dooks,
Rachelle
McKyle- "What's she making that noise for?  I don't bite that hard!"
Merlin- "Hey Lady, wanna share my hammock?"
LadyBug- "It's a BAD picture of me, momma!  Throw it away!"