Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:20:02 EST
Hello everyone

I just had an email from someone to say that another person wrote to a
ferret yahoo group last week saying that SHE was looking into doing a
study on the migration of the DMK ferrets. .

Please be cautious and protect yourselves. For example, if you are only
allowed to have a certain number of animals where you live, and you
took in a number above that to save one or more of the DMK ferts...you
would not want a STRANGER to know personal info. about this OR about
you.

Err on the side of caution. Think carefully before you give out
personal info. to a stranger. You have the little ones to protect if
you do not want to think of protecting your physical or emotional
self. You do not want anything coming back to haunt you.

This could be a valid research effort by a student, or an utterly
dishonest way to gather information for someone writing a book on the
rescue, or a way to gather personal info. from people for still some
other reason.

There are many sweet and wonderful people here who would LOVE to tell
you about the DMK ferrets they are mom or dad to. They do not deserve
anything that they might consider to be adverse happening as a result
of their trusting and unselfish hearts.

I am sorry for any and all toes I may be stepping on in an attempt to
possibly protect people.

Thank you for listening to my thoughts.