From:
"~*Jules*~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:39:49 -0500
Hey All,
There are two REALLY loving ferrets at Pickering.  I don't know they're
story but I guess some one didn't want them anymore and gave them up.
They are so sweet and loving, but are looking a bit forlorn so they need
a home!  They will not get any run time at the store, and probably won't
get handled much because I was banned from letting the ferrets out (more
below on that) so If anyone wants two reallly loving ferrets (or kits..
pickering has them too) please consider these guys.  Here is all the
information i know about them.

1 Male Champange named Bugs.  1 Male Solid Dark Chocolate with a bib,
thigh patches, and a little white on his face named Sneaky.  Both are
absolutely beautiful.  They are also very laid back.  Bugs is more laid
back than Sneaky, but both are loving and cuddly.  They will lay in your
arms and they give a lot of kisses!  Both are 7 months old.

They come with:
1 Two level cage (ground floor and one level.) Unfortunately it has a
wire bottom with slide out tray so it's not the best in the world, but
it is in good condition.  The level has a piece of carpet on it to cover
the wire.

1 Sleeper Cube that hangs in the cage
1 Red Ferret ball (you know.. like the hamster balls, only bigger)
1 Copy of Ferrets For Dummies
1 Copy of Ferrets By Karen Dale Dustman
1 Bottle of Bio Odor (smaller size)
1 Water bottle and clip
1 Ceramic Food Dish
1 Harness
1 Leash
1 Bell toy
1 Bottle of Ferret Glow
1 Pair of nail clippers
They MAY come with a litter box, but I am not sure.  They don't appear to
be litter trained.

They will also come with what ever marshall's food is left if any.  They
have been eating marshalls, but i mixed some Mazuri in so that they'll
eat it if the Marshall's runs out (we feed Mazuri at the store.)  The
store is asking $115.00 for them both and all the accessories listed (as
long as nothing gets lost or broken)  They are realllly sweet and deserve
a wonderful home!  I do not know their vet records or where they came
from.  They appear to be Marshall's ferrets (they have tatoo's in their
ears) If you need to know where the store is or have any other questions
please contact me!

Now, for some sad news.  I am quitting (or most likely quitting) my
job at pickering.  I really loved the work and loved working with the
animals, but in short I felt like I was being used and that the managers
had un-realistic expectations of me and i've been getting in trouble
because of them.  I hung in for as long as I could and now, i just can't
do it anymore.  I have been taking the best care of the animals that i
could and they don't want that I guess.  I feel reallly guilty about
leaving the animals, especially the ferrets because they will NOT get
any more run time while they are there.  I have been banned from letting
them out and no one else does.  I feel so aweful!!!!  My admiration for
their care of animals has dropped quite a bit.  I still say they are much
better than a chain store, but with recent events I feel that they lost
quite a few points.  I hope to continue to go into the store to check on
and handle the ferrets, but it probably will not happen often.  I'm
really bummed out.  I really did love the work and the animals.  But like
my father said, the store is just not managed very well.  I wish i could
open my own pet store.  I would love to have a pet store that does
everything right by the ferrets and everything *sigh*..  anyone in PA
want to invest in starting a pet store?????  heh..

anyway, so yea..  I can use any good thoughts or what ever.  I'm really
bummed.  The job i'll be getting now pays better..  but it involves paper
work and not animals..  so it won't be anywhere nearly as interesting.
I'm going to miss the animals.  I feel so guilty.

- Jules
ps.  please no one flame me or the store.  I am upset and bummed out and
distraught enough.  I cannot handle any angered responses.