From:
Sherry Wysocki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 12:45:06 -0500
This is the first time I am posting.  There is 6 members in my family.  Me,
my husband, 2 young daughters (and trying for a third child), a cat
(Fluffy), and the newest member (Bambi) 10 week old female ferret.  My hubby
is the only male in our family.  Hopefully tommorrow we will welcome another
fuzzie ferret into our loving home.  But there is one catch he has to be
male.  Hubby says we have to even up the odds.

Hubby has allergies so he has never been an animal person, the only reason
we got Fluffy (our cat) was because she was 2 days old and the mother had
been killed and the family she was with was neglecting her.  That is until
Bambi came into our lives.  I have never in my life seen him baby an animal
like he does her.  She is 10 weeks old and has a 3 story cage all to herself,
and whatever bambi wants,bambi gets.  When hubby comes home for work the
first thing he goes for is Bambi's cage.  She is adored by everyone that
comes over and loved by everyone she touches.  I dont know an aweful lot
about ferrets but I am hopeing that some of you would help me learn.

I have a couple of questions.......
Bambi has been descented but I notice a strong smell after a week , how can
I keep this from being so strong, this is the only thing that effects my
hubby's allergies

->She is very lovable but i don't want her biting to hard , I tell her no
and she stops biting and start licking but soon after she will slowly start
nipping again, maybe trying to test her limits with me .  I dont want her
thinking its not ok to play but i dont want her bein to rough either

->my oldest child will be 4 years old this month and loves Bambi to pieces,
My oldest daughter is the one who named her.  But, my oldest one gets scared
every now and then and I think it's because bambi hops alot and makes noises
that my daughter doesnt understand yet, does anyone have any ideas on how to
get them to come together and get use to each other better.

->my cat loves bambi too but Fluffy plays a little to rough I think cause
Bambi will run and hide when Fluffy comes out.  But when my friend brings
her ferret over Fluffy plays ok with him, I think maybe because her ferret
is grown and not as small as Bambi is, what do you think?  And i woundnt
dream of giving either one of my animals away.

I also have one comment.......i see all of these posts on people looking for
names for there ferrets.  my oldest daughter got to name Bambi and the next
one my husband gets to name so i guess I will just make the name i like
known so if one of you like it you can name your ferret....... my chosen
name would be Slinky

Thank you all for taking the time out to read this and if you have any
comments or ideas please email me at  [log in to unmask]

                                        Thank you,
                                        hanna