From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1993 11:13:53 -0500
> She's a B**ch!!!  She's hyperactive and is very anti-social.  She nips at
> everything and steals everything else.  My dog is consciously aware of her
> every move and has started to ignore Taz (male) completely.  Taz, on the other
> hand, is sociable, well-mannered and very laid back.  He likes to be held and
> will follow you around, lay in your lap and rarely bites.
>
> Is this a phase that the female will outgrow?
> she stays still for about 10 secs tops.
> Anybody have any ideas on how I can "tame" her?  I hate to use the word tame,
> but unless I can quiet her down, I will have to get rid of her.
>
> John

    Seems to me she's just being a kit.  When I got my first
ferret Sebastian, being the only one he had contact with we got
along great.  But still did not want anything to do with me but
play I could not hold him for more than ten secounds or so. When
he got older, around 8-10 mounths he mellowed out a bit and became
more friendly. I could hold him for around 2 min.  Well I got him
a play mate several mounths ago "Mako".  Named him that because
he was the meanest fur balls you've ever seen.  Bought him because
I figured the people who may buy him would get rid of him or
just leave him locked up in a cage.  Well to make a long story
short.  Mako is now the most attentive ferret I've ever seen.
He falls asleep on my lap while I scratch behind his ears,
and is just a doll.

    Please try to give your new carpet shark some time to
mellow out.  If you still feel the need to get rid of her make
sure she goes to kind and loving home.  After all ferrets are
people to.

    Brad, Sebastian and Mako.
    Mail address [log in to unmask]
    Today is another day to EXCEL!