From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 21:07:17 -0500
Hi all!

I am very interested in learning more about the Waardenburg Syndrome in
ferrets.  I have heard that it is this "bad" gene that causes seafness in
DEW, pandas, blazes, etc.  and that the animal that has "true" dark eyes
does not suffer from this.  I have heard that ruby eyes in DEWs have it for
sure.  Is this true?

I know in humans eye color is a clue in, but not necessarily needed to have
the "bad" gene and be deaf.  Also there is space between the eyes in humans
that indicates the Syndrome.  Is this true of ferrets?

Any info who help!  Thanks!