Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 22:06:37 -0500
We are new members of FML (Dec'95).  Mark and I have a 4 year old
Silver-Mitt named Beanie.  He has been alone for 3 of his 4 years and
frankly the humans are starting to bore him!  Even the Three-year-old human!
He takes great delight in scaring our 14-lb cat out of his wits though.

Beanie's last buddy, Frankie, was our first fert.  He passed on from
congestive heart failure after 7 years.  Frankie was a pet-shop varmit that
we certainly learned a lot from!  He devoured half a bike seat(foam padding
and leather) because we left him alone one day!  The poops were interesting!
Anything leather was his, so he thought!

We then purchased Boo, a little Butterscotch that was so ugly as a baby he
was cute!  He was very small, but never took any crap from Frankie.  He
loved peppermint sticks and falling asleep in your lap.  After a fall from
the couch, he was dragging his hind legs.  The vet diagnosed an injured
disc.  With some steroid treatments he was fine in no time.  When tired he
would drag his legs sometimes.

Unfortunatly, Boo suddenly jaundiced at 4 yrs and his liver gave out.  We
felt it was the steriods.  That is when we got Beanie.

Beanie is a Marshall ferret that we purchased at 8 weeks.  The cat scared
him the first day we had him and it's been war between them ever since.  He
has been a very healthy fert and we are fortunate!

Now we need to find this guy a bunk-mate.  He's had it with our boring
games.  So if there is anyone in the Pittsburgh area who has a fert up for
adoption or knows of any, please E-mail us with the info at

We love reading the FML and have learned a lot of super information.  WE
have pretty much learned from experience.

      HOORAY FOR THE FERRETS IN MASS! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      C'MON CALIFORNIA - GET WITH THE PROGRAM YOU JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON ANY ADOPTION CANDIDATES IN THE PGH, PA AREA****

                            GO PENGUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Thanks a Bunch!

        Diane, Mark and Katie
        Beanie ("Here Kitty, Kitty!")
        Norton-the cat ("I am invincible behind the magic baby-gate!")