From:
anneinchicago <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:13:40 -0600
Near O'hare airport.

Two male ferrets need a home.  The owner says they are about a year
old, are used to dogs and cats.  Usually caged except for playtime.
Of course, the owner now has no time for them.  <sigh>

And no, these are not my ferrets.  I already have ten.  I don't need
twelve.  I can't afford twelve.

The owner came up to me in Menard's.  I had two of the furkids with me.
The usual exchange: Oh, your ferrets are so nice.  Do you want mine?

<sigh>

I gritted my teeth, gave him my number and hoped he wouldn't call.
He did.

anne