From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2013 08:09:48 -0700
Dear Anon,

I applaud you for your self control. You venting with good control
and professionalism.

There are many of us ferret loving souls out there that have been,
sadly, where you are. There will probably never be a shortage on
impulse buying, be it teenagers or family who think it would be great
to buy their grandchildren or nieces/nephews a cool pet like a ferret,
rabbit, guinea pig, gerbil, hamster, puppy, kitten, monitor lizard,
alligator, croc, ancient tortise, dolphin or fish for an aqaurium.
Sorry, I got carried away! Along with impuliveness there is the
ignorance and too often both of those are combined with an extra
generous portion of stupidity and lack of understanding of the value
of life - any life.

As a teenager I too was a lover of animals, did my best for them.
Even then books on such animals were limited if at all available. The
computers were unheard of, vetting was not the big business it is
today. What I have learned in looking back is that there will always
be the mature, older folks with good hearts, bigger pocket books, more
developed brain area; thus better understanding and problemsolving.
With life experience comes a better understanding of the importance in
treating all of God's creatures with some level of admiration, respect
and kindness. We need more role models like that.

Thank you for doing what you did for all of them. Sometimes, I start to
worry about our societal changes and begin to lose faith in mankind.
Thankfully, most often, people like you step forward and I see a little
light of hope again at the end of the that tunnel.

Welcome little ones to your huge "Kastle of Kindness!"

Cathy Ryan
Today is the best day to do a good deed.
Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3