From:
Bobby Petty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 22:30:36 -0500
A while back I wrote the Ferret Newsletter and others in the ferret
community about my six-year-old ferret, Tally, who I discovered had
pancreatic cancer.  Many readers, vets and friends helped me make the
decision to have her put under the knife at Oklahoma State University's
College of Vet Medicine.  I am happy to report that two month's of
recooperation later, she's doing GREAT!

Tally's like a brand new ferret.  She's playful, inquisitive, and hungry.  I
haven't had her weighed since the surgery, but she looks as if she's getting
FAT (the little beast), even with her shaved belly.  The staring fits have
all but stopped and she's romping around the house as much as she did when
she a kit.

Thank all of you who helped.  I know that this type of cancer has a good
chance of reoccuring, but at least I know what to look for next time and may
be able to head off surgery with diet therapy.

"Don't every give up on the fuzzies" someone told me in one e-mail.  They
were so right.  If any of you have a ferret that can be saved, don't give up
on them.  They deserve a second chance.

Thanx for all your help!

Bobby Petty