From:
christine newkirk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:08:45 -0700
Okay, first things first.

I sincerely apologize if you thought I was insulting you or the people at
the convention.  I didn't think I was insulting anyone, and I certainly
didn't mean to be insulting to anyone.  I admit I should never have
posted that message, and I did so without putting much forethought into
it.  That was wrong.

I personally don't think it is insulting to be associated with fetishism,
but apparently you do.  I've always been pretty accepting when it comes
to people.  I have met a lot of people who go to similar events who ARE
as I described, and they are open and rather proud about it.  So I was
operating on personal knowledge and not some "Dateline" special or
anything.

But, I was still wrong to post that and I officially eat crow here and
now.  In fact, I'll just do us all a favor and remove myself from the
list.  It was speculated once on the list that it seemed many ferret
owners suffer mood disorders.  I have been battling bipolar disorder for
many years, and in the last two weeks it seems to have gotten the better
of me.  I am impulsive, sleepless, anxious, and I make poor decisions.
This is no excuse for my behaviour and I shouldn't have shot my mouth
off.  I did it without thinking and again, I am very very sorry.

Sincerely,
Christine
and Mab and Dustbin