Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:07:51 -0400
I've been reading the various posts about "plushies" and the recent
Anthrocon convention, at which the very generous Anthrocon attendees
donated over $8,000 in three days to help SOS.

I was amused by the animal erotica (depictions of animals in human form,
often in erotic poses) at Anthrocon, and I figured that the people who
enjoyed this art liked to envision themselves in these roles.  I kind of
also figured that fans of this art admired the skill of the artists, as
most of the art was VERY professional and gorgeous!  I was tempted to
bid on a few of the art pieces myself, but they were out of my price
range. :-<

I had to laugh, though, at the description of people wearing the costumes
while performing ..  um ... "athletic" acts, though.  You had to have
seen some of these costumes ... including the shark with an ENORMOUS
belly and tail, the ferret with spring shoes, and the many tall wolves
and bears, many with clothing on OVER the costume as well!  .  I think a
lot of the characters were doing pretty well if they could walk around
without knocking over everyone within three feet ..  let alone do
anything more athletic than that!!

I just really appreciate Anthrocon and its participants for being so
generous, so kind to us, and for helping us so much.  The money they
donated will go to pay for so many ferret surgeries, so much food for
animal in shelters, and so many other needed supplies.  It was truly a
wonderful experience to attend the convention, and I REALLY appreciate
everyone there for making it such a wonderful experience.  :->

- ELa

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483