From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:17:50 -0400
I'd 1st like to express my sympathy to Jill for her loss of Spanky (or
Mouse as he was known as in Toronto).  I'll miss him.

Today, at 12:30, Flagstone lost his battle with Cancer.  He tried to fight
as you all know, bouncing back on Sunday to play with me for 4 more days.
I am grateful for those extra days we had to spend together.  He was a
fighter till the end.

His last night with me was spent outside.  We again played in the garden
and he nosed through the grass.  His aunt Olympia brought some ice cream
over for him and he enjoyed that until the end.  I sat with him at midnight
and told him about the rainbow bridge.  I told im that in a few hours he'd
be able to breathe again.  I told him he would be able to full out run and
jump and that he would be able to war dance.  I wish I could have seen him
dance...

He fought the Isoflurine mask and needed 3 shots before he would go to
sleep.  He was tough right until the end.

In the end, he was surrounded by people who loved him and whom he trusted.
I learned a lot from Flag.  I was worried that he didn't know he was loved.
It so important to me to know that they feel loved before they go.  Flaggy
was caged for 6 months with no one to play with him or to tell him he was
loved.

Amy and I held his little body and I kissed him (he hated kisses, but
tolerated them today), told him I loved him and we let him go. I'm sad and
I'll miss him, but I know he's happier now. I just can't imagine not being
able to breathe.

Good night dear Flagstone. Mommy misses you.

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our fuzzy friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter by clicking here.