From:
Vickie Lusk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 03:59:47 -0500
As a new shelter the giving tree is new to me...Each day I check the
trees and read about each fuzzy that goes up. I thank the lord for all
the wonderful people that having open their hearts to the forgotten or
unwanted fuzzy kids.

When I open my shelter It was with the help of Deb's ferret rescue and
boarding. I thought I was crazy for letting Deb talk me into this. I
had start out by simply adopting a Ferret from her that stole my heart
and soul... We than adopted two ferrets from Dee Cage. These two stole
my Husbands heart.. Than I got a call from Deb who wanted me to take a
little McKay girl due to her needing 24 hour care and With the over
load of ferret she had,. She needed help in caring for this little girl
So I said yes . It was at this time that I realize that there was a lot
of fuzzy kids out there that were neglected, abuse, and unwanted. My
big mouth said this to Deb and she said you could help by becoming a
shelter. So here we are. Some of our kids will be going up on the
giving tree including the little McKay girl that some how with Gods
help I pull her threw and she has become a happy little girl..Although
her one draw back is she hates change. don't move her cage. don't
change where her cage is if we do she gets depressed and stop eating.
So her she sits in our living room where she had been since she arrive
at this rescue be sure to look for her when its our turn to get our
tree up.I feel hats off to Kris for taking the time to do the giving
tree. Thank you Kris for all the hard work in getting these trees up .
Thanks to our the shelters out there who have open there homes and
hearts up to these wonderful fuzzy animals and A big thank you to all
those that are becoming Santa's for these Shelter kids.

I love being part of this group...Thanks for having me.

Vickie Lusk
Fuzzy Friends Ferret Rescue