From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:57:40 -0500
--
>intraosseous catheter----27.50:

Any catheter on a ferret can be a bear to get in place... this is probably
a reasonalble charge

  ---

Arrrrggghhhh.  Both statements above were Debi's and Eudora went and put a
quote mark on one but not on the other.  Today I am on the old Eudora, but
will try the new version on a different machine and keep notes of which
came from where for myself to see if the new version also has this defect.

  ---

Adrenal glands are abdominal.  The heart is throacic and it doesn't wrap
things.  I think that you may mean that a lobe of the liver is involved
with the R adrenal.  Alternatively, at times the R adrenal wraps the Vena
Cava, a very large vein -- I could see where this name and function could
be confusing.  Could you check, please?  Would appreciate hearing more
detailed description as per vet's words since this description confused
the heck out of me.

  ---

>This morning (Friday), the guy from Wild Kingdom was on the Today show
>with endangered species.  He had prairie dogs, and a little white European
>ferret (his words).  He made it clear that the Black Footed Ferret was the
>endangered species....just had a little REW to demonstrate the species.
>I thought it was handled well in that he said the BFF was one of the
>exciting success stories of re-introduction.  Mentioned they were down
>to like 16 animals before efforts to save them from extinction were
>successful.  All in all, it was a very positive representation of the
>BFF, and ferrets in general.

This is as good a time as any to mention that I heard that the ground
breaking for a new BFF conservation center in Fort Collins, CO either
has happened or soon will happen.

The Chihuahua. Mexico releases began in October; so far that has the best
chance of any North American site for establishing wild populations.