From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 15:36:20 -0500
Marti, Has your friend ask the show if it would be possible to remain
anonymous if he signs over the video and any earnings it might acquire to a
ferret charity?  Two possibilities are CDFA since they are working so hard
to get ferrets legalized in California, and Morris Animal Foundation's
Ferret Health Funds since those keep our guys well and the rabies shedding
studies will help dismantle CA F&G's base of argument.

I could see a show considering this to be a classy move, and since I don't
recall anyone doing it on that show before it would have the advantage of
being novel.  PLUS it would provide some national/international recognition
of the efforts going on for the welfare of ALL our sweet ones.

We also have refused jobs in California.  They were told why and did NOT
meet with any scorn from it.  Two companies wanted Steve out there so much
that their officers have regularly reminded their political friends that
this foolish ban in the face of overwhelming evidence in the animals' favor
is hurting their businesses.  That sort of thing can't hurt any.

Oh, remember when so many of us dropped Sierra Club memberships until they
got their facts straight?  Well, we're happy that they have, but after they
responded to our letter by refunding our just-mailed-in-renewal they
accidently put it down as income we earned from them!  Now we have to get
this straightened out before tax time.  Oh, well...

One person mentioned putting wood next to a stove.  If the stove has poor
insulation this could cause a fire hazard.

1997 is almost over, and we are feeling guilty because unexpected costs in
time and money for both our two and four legged extended-family members kept
our contributions lower than we had budgeted.  Some of our favorite
charities (including some ferret ones, and some human health ones, and WY's
"Sybille Center") could not even get anything this year, though we gave as
well as could be managed for 1997.  If you have had a gentler year and have
the funds, please, remember to give.  When we have a better year and you
find it a bit tougher we'll pull up the slack in turn.

Sukie