From:
Nan and Sandy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:37:44 -0500
Sometimes I mention ferret stuff on one of my dog list - now the reverse
is true - breeding dogs/ferrets/cats - most responsible dog breeders
will take back puppies.  The breeder has a contract saying if you need to
give up the dog, return the dog to her.  My dog's breeder took back two
puppies she bred - one because the owners were moving, second because the
dog was missing two teeth (not good for conformation showing).  Both dogs
were placed in new, forever homes.  So, if you breed, you should be
willing to care for the animal returned to you.

Nan and Jubal and Early (and Chance a Belgian Sheepdog)