Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:32:42 -0400
I've been contacted by several folks about the possibility of folks
attending the show in Frederick on Oct 13 being able to pick up DM
ferrets at the fairgrounds. DM ferrets will not be allowed at the
fairgrounds. First off, I am responsible for the safety of all the
ferrets at the show. All ferrets on the fairgrounds that day fall under
my responsibility regardless of their location. I can not have the show
be liable for unvaccinated, untested ferrets. It's not fair to the show
attendees and their ferrets if I did otherwise. The show will not be
liable for any possible bite incidents by unvaccinated ferrets. This
could cause problems with doing future ferret shows in Frederick.

My suggestion has not changed. The best and safest option is to rent
a hotel room in Frederick and have the DM ferrets there. They will be
safe and secure and folks can stop by the hotel after the show to pick
up the ferrets. Since it is mandatory that all ferrets in the state of
MD be vaccinated for rabies, this is the safest option for all. If you
decide to do this please make the hotel reservation soon. There are
several festivals in the are that weekend and most all hotel rooms have
been booked. I think the hotel recommended for ferret show attendees is
already full.

Vickie

Vickie McKimmey

Just a Business of Ferrets