From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 06:46:54 -0500
To Samuel Lloyd Kinsey:

Since it was my article that you read in the Ferret Digest of LOS, I am
truly upset to hear that you are having problems.  I researched that
article very carefully before I wrote it - I spent a week on the telephone
w/the different airlines, calling back several times, speaking to
different people to be sure I had my facts correct.

I'm on the bandwagon again now, and I will do this all over again if I have
to.  Give me a few days - I need to do this when I'm home (not at work!!)
I'll post an updated report, hopefully by next Wednesday at the latest.

BTW - I personally don't recommend flying any animal in cargo. Someone
posted something a few weeks ago about a certain airline that ships
animals in cargo safely, but I've had no experience w/them and I can't
remember the details.  I'm not sure if the airline boarded passengers
as well or if it was restricted to animal shipping alone.  That might
be a possible alternative but I would need more details.

Summer is coming and the weather is started to warm up - I wouldn't risk
putting a ferret in cargo for several hours where the temp is not controlled
- temps of 100 - 120 F have been reported in cargo.  I don't think a little
ferret would do well in those conditions and it's not worth the risk.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA