From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1992 14:44:27 -0400
(I've been asked to forward this to the Ferret Mailing List anonymously. Bill)
================
 Date: Thu, 15 Oct 92 11:03:21 EDT
 From: <anonymous>
 Subject: comments on the "Tyranical Dictator"

Please forward this anonymously to the ferret list.  Thanks!

The FML is a great resource, but there are a few problems with its
moderation.  The biggest problem (IMHO) is that the moderator often
injects his own opinions and comments whenever he feels like it.
Information is fine (such as addresses, phone numbers, references to
ferret books) but commenting on a message is not.  A moderator should
be practically invisible to the group so that no poster feels like
they shouldn't post because the moderator might make some comment
or other.  In a sense, the content of the posters' messages are
altered because the moderator's comments are included.  If the moderator
wants to comment on a particular message, let him submit his own
message; that's what everybody else does.

I *do* enjoy the list, but I too have thought about unsubscribing
because of the number of moderator comments.