From:
Amanda Wheat-Simms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 09:38:35 -0500
I had a fuzzbut that got sick a couple of weeks ago, wouldn't eat his
crunchy food or drink water.  He got pretty dehydrated.  I keep hearing
that you can give ferrets Pedialyte, but even the unflavored stuff has
sugars in it, and Linus wouldn't take it anyway.  He fought like the
dickens rather than drink the stuff, and it just wasn't worth the extra
stress.  I ended up keeping him hydrated with chicken water.  He would
eat his soup till there was just a little left, and I would refill the
dish with some warm water to make a broth.  He thought that was pretty
cool.

Anyway, looking around on the internet about this problem, I found a
product called Ferret Aide by Marshall's.  It doesn't have any sugars in
it, but I don't hear people recommend it.  Is this a bad product, or just
not well known?  I was thinking about ordering some to have on hand next
time this happens, but I hoped to get some more feedback first.

thanks in advance,
Amanda