From:
Isabelle Rieder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:10:48 EDT
Like Diane and Michele, I also have one Triple Farms ferret that has
similar personality and physical characteristics, so I thought I'd share
them with both of you....

I have two ferrets.  The first one I got is a cinnamon, male, MF ferret
named Simba.  He is extremely mellow for a ferret and always has been.
He is very gentle, doesn't even know he has teeth except for when he is
attacking his little sister - lol.  Anyway, when he was around 6 months
old, I decided he needed a sibling and found this adorable, tiny little jet
black baby that literally just melted into me when I held her in my arms.
She was soooo cute and curled up perfectly into my small hand, that I had
to bring her home - plus I thought she may be kinda on the mellow side so
she wouldn't drive Simba nuts :).  The store told me she was from Triple
Farms (she has a single dot tattoo in one ear) and that she was FOUR or
FIVE weeks old!  Of course, I'm not quite sure of her actual age at
purchase...but she was VERY tiny, her adult teeth were still growing in and
the baby ones had not yet fallen out, she cried a lot the first few days
and would only quiet down when held or when placed with Simba while he was
sleeping (the only time he would tolerate her presence) and she would also
try to "suck" on him like she was trying to nurse...so I dunno how old she
really was...definitely seemd too young to me...probably around 6 weeks
or so.

Emma is beautiful.  She is a black sable with a dark brown nose and very
beautiful markings and coat - I'm not just a proud momma...many vets/people
have commented on it.  Very dark (she was completely jet black when I got
her except for the white around her nose and ears - her markings came later
:) and shiny and VERY soft/silky hair (like Diane's little one) She is also
very petite for a ferret (actually both of mine are - probably due to being
fixed to young??) she weighs a little over one pound.  She was very nippy
and hyper when I first got her - but with love and positive reinforcement -
no longer bites at all.  She has always been my "nervous nellie" especially
around strange people and some noises also freak her out...and she'll dart
very fast under the bed or some other piece of furniture when she's scared
or startled.  Maybe this is a pattern since the three of us have
experienced this with our TF ferrets????  She also has a tremendous amount
of energy compared to her brother (but as I said before he is exceptionally
mellow for a ferret and always has been..) and has no problem playing by
herself and coercing Simba into playing with her....In addition, she also
is very affectionate!  She loves to groom Simba while he's sleeping, give
kisses, and often I find her curled up on the bed next to my feet in the
morning - how cute is that!!!!  anyway, thought I'd share the info....for
whatever it's worth...

Dooks and hugs to all the ferkids!!

Isabelle, Simba & Emma (the toe shark)