From:
Sara Andux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 14:55:44 EST
To whoever warned off the person wanting to get an inexpensive ferret:

I was in that same boat, too, just a few months ago, and I don't think it's
fair to assume that if someone isn't willing to put out lots of money to buy
a ferret, that they also are not willing to put out the money to care for it
properly.  There are many of us out there that don't have tons and tons of
money to spend on animals, so we look around for the best price we can find.
That does not mean we won't take our animals to the vet if they need it!
Perhaps whoever can't afford a pet-store ferret doesn't want to pay this
much so that he/she will have the money to do other things of the animal.

I adopted my ferrets from STAR ferrets in MD a couple months ago.  I took in
older ones, and because of this, got them for free.  However, as with all my
animals, if they need something, lack of money does not stop me from getting
it for them.  My animals' welfare comes before mine, and I'm sure I'm not
the only one out there who feels this way.  Being a college student, I have
less money than most, but that does not stop me from paying vet bills.

Please give whoever that was a break - obviously, if he/she's on this
mailing list, he/she must care about the ferrets, and most likely wouldn't
do anything to harm them, including take one in if he/she couldn't afford
its care.