From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 11:43:52 +0100
>I was adopted by a 8 week old female a couple days ago.

If you said 5-6 weeks I'd say   "Yup... been there !"

>........Do we treat her like a baby and not get her out (pick her up)
>everytime she cries???

She's crying from fear, loneliness, or hunger and YES do pick her up and
comfort her.  She may have been weaned too early ( for mine, even 8 weeks
is too soon ) and wants Mother's Milk... Warmed canned goat milk works for
me, and some softened food, baby food meat, or water soaked kibbles.  NO
cow milk.

Even though you see her eat, it may not be nearly enough.  She might be
really hungry.  Watch your fingers !

Just picking up and comforting is not the total cure, you still must
eliminate the fear source, but please don't just ignore her... she really
needs you.

Bob