From:
Rose German <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 23:45:48 -0400
Cross-posted with permission.

Anyone-Please help if you can.

HI Rose

Earlier today (Wed) I took in two severely injured ferrets that had been
left in the night drop at Bay Area Humane.  Both are at my vet's and are
scheduled for surgery tomorrow (Thurs) morning.  I am contemplating
placing a "help needed" type message on ferret boards cause I suspect
the vet bills are going to be monstrous for these two, but I need
members/participants willing to post the message.

The worst injured ferret has no tail left, just a stump with bone
protruding.  That will need to be removed and we hope there will be
enough good tissue left to close the wound.  The other may or may not
loose his tail-he had degloving type injuries where the skin was peeled
away.  The injuries on both ferrets are infected.

According to the note left with them "they had been told to stay out of
the couch but both of their tails got caught in it one day-the brown one
was not so lucky and lost his tail".  Of course the owner did not
(apparently) seek veterinary help for them.  Instead (s)he waited a few
days/a week then dropped them off after hours.

Thank you.

Nanette
Fox Valley Ferret

I appreciate it very much.

I am listed with Mission Fish for ebay charity partners, so I should be
set up for Paypal.  The user name is Fox Valley Ferret.  We are a 501c-3
if that matters to people.

The ferrets are being cared for at
Animal Medical Center
322 Metro Drive
Appleton, WI 54913
920-749-1717

I am not aware of any email address or website for this clinic.  If
people want to write the checks to them that's great, but They should be
sure to make it clear that the money is for Fox Valley Ferret's vet bill
for Avery and Chunks (I didn't name them).  I am not sure if they could
deduct the contribution if checks are made out to the clinic.

I have also attached pics.***** documenting the injuries If you post them
please warn people that they may be upsetting to some viewers

Anyone having questions can feel free to email me at
[log in to unmask] (put Avery and Chunks in the subject line if
they like) or call me at 920-735-1896.

Thank you so much.

Nanette

*****(Please contact her for pics if desired-I chose not to post them)