From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 10:26:36 -0400
>Can ferrets have grapes?  (I know they can have raisins).  These are
>large globe grapes with skin and seeds.  (I didn't give them the seeds
>though).  They really love them, but I don't want them to have anything
>dangerous.  I am especially worried about the skins.

We gave our fuzzies the occasional bit of grape, melon, bell pepper,
raisins, and cheerios.  In moderation, none of these will harm a ferret.
Our first two fuzz-beans, Pippi and Squirt, absolutely loved the wet and
sometimes crunchy fruits and veggies we would give them.  They would go
wild if they happened to catch you eating or cutting up watermelon.  They
had the most sensitive noses when it came to melon.  Thanks for reminding
me of some fond memories! :)

Ferret in a Short Story

I know people are often on the look out for ferrets in fiction and more.
In a relatively recent collection of short stories put out by Charles De
Lint, _Waifs and Strays_, there is a short story named "Stick".  One of
the main characters (in fact the one that shares his name with the name
of the story) has a ferret companion.  The ferret rides with him on his
motorcycle, dances to music, and even she even helps in her own way to
save the day.

This story was originally published quite a number of years ago (in '86
if I recall rightly) so you may have seen it in another collection.  The
book I noted above is in print and available from places like Amazon if
you are interested.  I hope you enjoy it!

-kim, fertless in NY

Kimberly Burkard  |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
[log in to unmask] |      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret: