From:
Leslie Giles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 09:12:13 -0700
I was swayed by the vet last year as well and let them dual vaccinate my two
kids.  My vet told me that she hadn't seen any problems with it and lots of
folks did it.  To be fair, she also told me that some swore by vaccinating
separately.  She then let me make the decision.  NEVER AGAIN.  Mine had
vaccine reactions - Bandit's so severe that we almost lost him.  Vomiting,
bowel control loss, convulsions.  At least I knew to stay at the vets....the
reactions occurred about 25 minutes after the vaccination.  I still haven't
forgiven myself for what Bandit went through.  He is my sweet kissy boy and
we almost lost him because of my decision.  To top it off, now I don't know
which vaccination he reacted to.  Was it the Imrab or the Galaxy D (they
couldn't get Fervac at the time)?  It is now time again for their annual
vaccinations and I am loathing going to the vets.  We will pretreat and give
them separately with a few weeks apart.

I know others have given the vaccinations together with no problems.....but
think carefully before you make that decision.  You're taking a chance that
you'll kill your ferret.  Can you live with those odds?  Take the extra time
and effort to vaccinate separately....it will give you peace of mind and
perhaps save the life and well-being of your ferret.  Don't take risks with
the lives of your ferrets!

Leslie