From:
"James L. Myers" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 09:44:26 -0800
Hello there FML:

I have a question for the readers of this list.  I have a male, Panda, who
was born in May of 95.  He weighs 2.3 lbs and is very short compared to my
other ferrets.  My reason for writing today is to ask if anyone has ever had
a ferret to expierence hair loss around the shoulder area on the top of
their body.  I at first thought it was due to the rough play that he and his
brother partake in but it has been going on now since October of 95 and
seems to be spreading.  I took him to my vet in October and he diagnosed it
as a skin infection because of little red scratches on the area.  He
prescribed "Antirobe Aquadrops" at .15mls every 12 hours for 2 weeks.  That
helped the scratches but the hair loss is still here.  There are very fine
hairs mixed in but the area seems to be still spreading across the spine to
the other shoulder.  If any of you have seen this in your babies or the vets
that read this list have any idea, I would sure appreciate your advice.  It
just does not sound like any of the symptoms I have read for adrenal
disease.  He has plenty of hair everywhere else!!  And his activity level is
great and he has a very good appetite---his diet is Totally Ferret and Iams
Kitten and baby chicken food.  Sorry for the lengthy post, but I am very
concerned about my baby Kodee Possum!!

My email address is: [log in to unmask]

Thank you ahead of time for your replies to this question.

Sincerely,

Jeri and Her Furry Four