From:
Michael & Stephanie Downs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:39:30 -0500
[Moderator's note: Lots of posts about this today. Please read them
all, particularly the ones about "What can we learn" and the "Ferret
Council" to get the entire picture. BIG]

<http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/stories/wvec_local_012908_animal_house_vb.6e276795.html>

Unfortunately this is a situation that happened in Virginia Beach, VA.
I believe it is the Ferret Rescue of Tidewater. I was lucky enough to
get two ferrets from her in March of 2005. Toby and Tyler (formerly
Bandit and Peaches)have brought great joy to our house since joining
Ziggy and Lenny. I know this person had a giant heart who could not
refuse a ferret in need. Most of the ferrets that she took in were
older or sicker guys which she tried to keep as comfortable as possible
until their passing. The two boys I got were turned in by a Navy guy
who couldn't keep them and had called her to take them. They were a
year old and only stayed with her a couple of days before I could pick
them up. I know she did the best that she could but got overwhelmed
with the numbers that she couldn't say no to. I wish I was in a
position to help the remaining fuzzies that are under SPCA or Animal
Control care.

Stephanie
Newport News
Owned by Toby, Tyler, Lenny and Ziggy but missing Dylan, Marley, Sammy
and just recently our beloved Ozzie