Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:15:35 -0700
Hi, everyone! I'm the one who posted a little while ago about the
kitten who wouldn't eat and had to be force fed. So here's an update
on the situation.

Kitty is now eating on her own! YAY! She's still really finicky - food
has to be warmed, and I have to add chicken or turkey baby food to it
as well but it's better than nothing. She also eats dry food over night
when she wants a snack. The only thing I'm worried about with her is
maybe she's not eating enough. I put out a couple of tablespoons of
food with baby food, warm it up, and she only eats about half, maybe a
bit more. Her tummy feels full when I pick her up and she seems to know
when she doesn't want anymore - maybe she's eating enough dry food as
well that she doesn't want as much wet food?

I also was able to locate one of her siblings (a sister) who had not
been adopted yet. At first, my little kitty was freaked out by having
another kitty around - someone to compete for attention from mommy
lol - but they are doing well together. I am taking them to the vet
today for their first visit - the new baby has developed a limp, from
what I don't know. Yesterday, she was limping on her right front foot
and today she is limping on her left front foot. When I pick her up,
if I touch that leg, she tenses up and lets out a hoarse meow. I have
no idea what happened - when I can not supervise them, they are kept
in the laundry room and bathroom (the 2 rooms are connected) and they
can't get behind the washer or dryer because a baby gate is blocking it
off. The only thing I can think of is that she managed to climb up the
gate and either fell or jumped and hurt herself. But then why would one
leg hurt one day and the other leg hurt the next? She can kind of walk
on the hurt leg, she just hobbles and limps. She also started sneezing
today as well. I've heard rumors that this can happen when kittens get
their first FCV vaccine. So if anyone has any ideas, let me know. Also,
if anyone has any cute name ideas, that would be great too. I was
thinking about famous female pairs/duos - something along those lines.
So far, people have suggested Daphne and Velma (from Scooby-Doo),
Cagney and Lacey, Ellen and Portia (Ellen DeGeneres and her wife and
actress Portia DeRossi). I was also thinking Sprite and Pixie.

Also - THANKS SO MUCH to those people who emailed me with suggestions
on getting poor kitty to eat. I really, really appreciate it and
everyone I've ever emailed or spoken to from the FML has been so nice
and generous - it's amazing because, in the "real world" it can be
extremely difficult to find people who care about anyone or anything
besides themselves - but here, there's a whole community of people
who care so much about everyone and everything and don't ask for any
recognition or anything for their time and efforts. Thanks again!

Melissa