From:
Gerald Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:32:40 -0700
Hello everyone, today I went to the vet with my first girl, Macy she's
the queen bee. I have suspected Lymphoma for about a month or so and
now it is official. The doc said that all of her lympth nodes in her
body are large. I have had her on prednisone for about a month now. The
cancer is taking over fast within a week her lympth nodes in her neck
have gone from large to HUGE. I know I will loose her soon, I am doing
everything I can for her. I feel its just too soon for me to personally
go down the lymphoma road, I just lost my Betty Boop, she fought so
hard but could only pull off another 7 weeks and 5 days from the time
she was diagnosed. Betty Boop crossed the bridge on 17SEP2009 and it
has taken up until here recently for the rest of the business to put
the loss behind them. I have a little boy Rambo he stresses over
EVERYTHING! I know that when Macy crosses over he will be on edge, he
has been with macy ever since he was a kit. I will have to start him
on carafate a few times a day to prevent ulcers. Does anyone know if
theres anything else I can do to help deal with very stressed out
ferrets? I know Rambo will be the worst one, but the other 3 will have
a really hard time also. I will list my ferrets age, sex, and names if
that helps any with the plan of action.

Macy, Sprite age 5 to 7 years Lymphoma
Rambo, Gib  age 22 months
Diesel, Gib age 18 months
Pepsi, Gib age 16 Months
Tweak, Sprite 3 to 5 years; has neurological seizures from abuse at
former home; also adrenal, responding to melatonin very well.

Betty Boop, Sprite, age 4 to 6 years, Passed away 17Sep2009 Lymphoma
in the small intestine. She was in the top 3 list for the worst biter
award that has ever come into the shelter that I volunteer for. In the
short 3 1/2 months that we had Boop, she went from bite to the bone
boop to sweet hold me and cuddle me or I will act like I will bite you
boop.

Thank you in advance for your feed back. You can e mail direct or post
back to the list.

Gerald Stewart
Four Paws Ferret Boarding/rescue (not a shelter)
Renton Washington