From:
Kirk Haines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 1995 08:39:54 -0600
> you might consider a "ferret gate" for your kitchen door.  I've put one up
> between my pantry and my kitchen, as there are holes in the pantry walls
> that I'm afraid my ferrets would disappear into (I don't know what's behind
> them!).  My gate (a piece of smooth wood) is about 2 feet tall, and I've
> attached it at each corner with a hook-and-eye from the hardware store.
> ... it keeps the ferrets out.

Unless, of course, you have a determined and talented jumper.  We built a
"room" for our guys within our bedroom.  It is a pen 6'x7', with 4' walls,
except where the gate is.  That is a 2' wall with another 2' of gate.
When the gate is open, one of our girls, Daphne, quite dependably makes a
break for it -- she jumps, catches the top of the wall with her claws
(they are clipped 2x a month, but are still sufficient), and then pull
herself up.  Bang, she's over the wall.

Kirk Haines                          |My opinions are my own, not my        +
[log in to unmask]           |employers'                            +
Systems' Analyst/Administrator       +--------------------------------------+
Consultant -- ADIA Information Tech  |
              1050 17th ST STE 1460  |
              Denver, CO  80265-9909 |