From:
Ulrike Hassold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:54:58 +0100
Hi everybody

My 4 year old boy Jack has a very big tummy.  He is thin around his neck,
shoulders and back and tail but his tummy is very big and out of proportion.
He has just had an x-ray which showed nothing unusual.  His tummy is full of
intestines and fat and the vet can't find anything bad in it but asked
whether ferrets can have such an unusual weight distribution where all the
fat goes to the tummy and leaves the rest of the body thin.

Also I was wondering if the tail is a good means to tell whether the ferret
is normal weight or not because some of the ferrets have a thin tail,
others have a fat tail.  Jack's tail is very bony which alarmed me.  I
thought if his whole body is so thin, what's up with his tummy?

Hope somebody knows more.

Best wishes to all fuzzies and their humans

Ulrike
and Jilly, Jack, Igor, Bella, Tom, Mason, Baby, Dana, Fox, Reno, Rose, Hope
and Jasmine

Missing Angel
West Wales Ferret Welfare
HTTP://www.ferretlove.freeserve.co.uk/