From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:44:03 -0800
Little Secret, the Santa Ferret. (by Susie Lee)

Oh, sure, everyone knows Santa's obvious animal friends, the reindeer,
and all their names and most of their magickal attributes, but did you
ever know about Santa's best little Ferret freind?, Well, maybe not
before now, because little Secret has been, well, Santa's special little
Secret!  A little white ferret who likes to snuggle up under the beard
(fluffs it out nicely, too! :) or curl warmly under his hat, or even
blend in with that wooly white collar and "Secret"-ly watch out for
Santa's back while he's unpacking you-know-what for good children on
you-know-when!  Little Secret is a magickal ferret, of course, and has
been with Santa since the very "begining", bequeathed to the Jolly Old
Elf by a grateful farmwife from centuries and centuries ago.  Secret's
special magick is in helping Santa get into houses with no chimneys by
squeezing flatter than flat under the tightest door (much flatter than
not-as-magickal ferrets who so dearly love to try to squeeze under any
doors they can fit )and leaping with a magickally merry extra-high
ferret-bounce to touch his little nose to any lock so that it will open
for Santa and then close and re-lock safely afterwards.  (Aha!  say all
the city-folks, Now we know how Santa gets into umpteen-gazillion
apartments!  He had a special Secret, all along!) .Ah, but how did we
ferret out Santa's Little Secret?  All our ferrets did it...knowing a
magick ferret when they sense one, nearly every ferret tail in the
shelter went merrily a-wagging with exitement and joy until Secret
swiftly touched a friendly nose in greeting to every one.  Then , as
quick as a ferret, Little Secret raced back to Santa and in a blink was
back up to blend around his white wooly collar, with a little tail-wag
farewell of his own to wave back.So take good care of all your ferret
friends...they know a Little Secret!:)

(Susie & Wes at the Ferret & Dove Sanctuary, Inc.

Oh, hey!  Shelly Abare caught a pictureof little Secret being held by
Santa, visiting at the Sanctuary (five of our 50 are lined up to tell
Santa what they'd like for Xmas) !  So we put the picture on our
web-page, look for it after all the "adoptables"'
photos....http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html