From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 09:32:27 -0700
Today's FML was awesome!  Lots of comments, no flames.  I have to agree
with someone's post that the people in Englad are very civilised.  I love
the British!  (No flames, I know the two words don't mean the same thing.
LOL)

I would, however, like to pass along my thoughts about one thing.  I
think that expressing our opinions and points of view is vital.  It is
not necessary to have proof on everything we say.  However, I think that
we all need to make sure that we are clear about where our info comes
from.  For instance, if you re-read this paragraph, I have said that
these were my thoughts, and that I think we need to do certain things.
Everyone has the right to tell me I'm full of baloney if they want.

However, my feeling is that if you are quoting a medical text, or
published study, you should state so.  If you read in the newspaper that
x happened, say so.  If you heard something, or simply wonder about
something, or feel a certain way, don't hesitate to make a statement.

And if you're replying to something someone else posted, please do the
same thing.  It will help everyone know when emotions are involved, when
scientific study is involved (note, I don't say facts, because even
studies have been found to be lacking information sometimes, and further
study can confirm or deny what one study found), etc.

It's common courtesy, which isn't nearly as common as I'd like it to be.

Kiss your fuzzies!

Debbie H