From:
Roberta Ensor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:30:24 EDT
>So..I took the flashlight and looked under the bed and......instead of
>being under...he was IN!!  I had to slice a small hole in the white gauze
>covering to get him out [thank god it was that easy!] and then I repaired
>that hole and found and repaired the hole that he had used to get up and
>in with.

Dixie, the same thing recently happened for the first time, after owning
ferets for 4 years.  Our guys decided to make a hole in the new matteress
set and play inside the box springs.  I fixed their wagon by lifting the
box springs up and putting a thin piece of plywood underneath it (large
enough to cover the entire bottom of the box spring).  I then covered the
edges with clear wide packing tape so if they decided to dig in from the
side they would be unsuccessful.

Besides keeping fuzz-butts out the plywood also lends extra support to the
box springs.  The fuzz-butts will forgive you eventually, or when they find
something new to get into.  Whichever comes first.

Roberta