From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 21:40:54 -0500
FERRET FOOD DIGGING PREVENTION
Ah ha!  I finally solved this problem myself.  My boys would make a splendid
mess of their food, spreading it all about the cage, both inside and out.
Until... Stop in your local (preferably large) pet store.  Stop in the bird
aisle.  Check out the stainless steel bird bowls that fit inside a metal
ring.  The ring is attached to the cage with a wing nut contraption.
(Sorry, I can't remember the manufacturer.) They make these bowls in a
variety of sizes, so you can purchase one to suit your needs.  Hang the bowl
high enough on the cage so that the ferts can reach it by holding on to the
edge of the bowl.  By placing it at this height, you will find that they can
not dig the food out.  I also recommend buying a slightly larger bowl than
they need.  With the larger bowl, the ferts can push the food around in the
bowl without pushing it out.

Good luck!
Gina
Her Boys:  Paleface (Bean), Gunnar the Red (Goose), and Daniel Spikey Tiger
(Spike)
and The Visiting Girls: Harriet (Hawwiet) and Wienerbutt (Weenie)