From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:19:47 -0400
Bill, thanks so much for posting that old Bob C post, thanks to Bob for
finding the info writing the post, and thanks to Mary for bringing it to
attention.  I either was unaware of it or had forgotten about it.  I just
knew about the studies in other members of Carnivora.

This makes me want to search in Hubmed (which I personally like better
than it's parent, Pubmed) to see if there are more since then.  No matter
what way you cut it, smoke carries hazards, including for ferrets.  It is
important for smokers to realize that they are not being attacked as long
as they are kind enough to not impose that smoke and the damage it causes
upon others, no matter how many feet those others have.  Putting that
risk into others by considering the addiction-driven-demand more
important than others' need to breath safer air, though, is similar to
attacking another being in its results, and THAT IS how most Americans
view that action which is a logical perception.  The ferret mentioned
vastly improved after the smoker moved out; perhaps the residual tar and
debris is the cause of the now lessened problems and cleaning the walls,
ceiling and carpet would help.