From:
Bjørn Djupvik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:04:26 +0200
Hi and thank you all for your help which I have received by email.  I just
wanted to tell the list readers that the vet has confirmed this to be
caused by an insect bite, most probably a spider or a wasp as he was
digging in the dirt.  And its not just his paws which are swollen, its
the whole area between his front legs too.  (My ferret looks like he`s a
professional ferret-body-builder :o)

I put him on an antibiotics cure today as yesterdays cortisone injection
didnt work at all.  He still eats and drinks fine but I have to place the
food so its easily accessible (next to his head where he sleeps).  He
sleeps almost all day and still has trouble walking.

more updates to come.  if your ferret ever had this kind of illness and
got rid of it please drop me a note.

Thanks.

-bjorn