From:
Judith Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 09:06:14 -0400
This weekend, Buddy, my fixed two year old male, developped a very strong
attachment to a stuffed alligator of ours.  It happens to be about the same
size as a female ferret and he started mounting it and clucking the way
ferrets do when they're mating.

Since then, whenever he's in his cage or is just plain board, he's been
playing with himself, mounting anything that will stand still and clucking
hysterically.  This goes on for hours at a time and I'm getting a little
worried about him.

Is this behaviour normal in an altered male?  Has anyone been through
this and is there anything I should be doing.

Thanks for your help

Judith